The iPhone has a built-in feature that lets you block and report spam calls and texts. It is a great way to reduce the number of unwanted calls and texts you get.
Unwanted calls and texts are a nuisance and can also be expensive. Every unwanted call or text costs you money if you’re on a pay-per-minute phone plan.
The iPhone’s built-in blocking feature lets you block numbers that are known to be associated with spam. You can also report numbers that you think are spamming you.
Many people don’t know how to block spam calls and texts on their iPhones. This guide will show you how to do it.
Importance of Blocking Spam Calls and Texts
There are several reasons why you should always block spam calls and texts. The most obvious reason is that they’re a nuisance. They can interrupt you when you’re trying to do something else and can be very annoying.
Most spam calls and texts are also scams. The people who send them are trying to trick you into giving them money or personal information. They may pretend to be from a government agency, or they may claim to be offering a free prize.
If you’re not very careful, you could lose a lot of money to a scammer. That’s why it’s important to know how to block spam calls and texts.
We Go The Solution
iPhones are different than the rest of the phones in a good way. The technology is far more improved and provides the best security to its users. Many Android phones do not have this option to block and report spam calls, and texts like iPhones do. It is not a surprise that iPhone has always cared about its users and their security.
The best thing about iPhones is that they offer a great solution to many problems, spam calls and texts.
Here is How to SIlence the Spammers
You may be familiar with the “Unknown Callers” feature on your iPhone. If not, it’s a new iOS 13 that allows you to silence all calls from people who are not on your contact list.
It’s a great way to reduce the number of spam calls you receive, but it’s not perfect. You may block some legitimate callers, and some scammers may still get through.
But don’t worry, we are getting to that part as well.
Now, let us focus on blocking unknown senders. Since we already told you how to block calls from unknown numbers, this will be a piece of cake.
Here is what you have to do:
- Go to Settings and tap on Messages.
- Find the toggle for “Filter Unknown Senders” and turn it on.
- Now, open the Messages app and go to your inbox.
- Tap on the message from the unknown sender.
- Tap on the “i” icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Block this Caller” option.
That’s it! You will now add the number to your block list and no longer receive calls or texts from them.
If you want, you can unblock the number by going to Settings > Messages > Blocked Contacts and tapping on the “Unblock” button next to the number.
How to Report Spam Calls and Texts
- If you got a spam call or text, you can report it to your carrier. It will help them take action against the number and hopefully stop the spamming.
- You need to open the message and tap on the “Report Junk” link to report a spam call or text on your iPhone.
- The option will ask you to confirm that you want to report the message as junk. Tap on the “Report” button to confirm.
- It will move the message to your junk folder and add the number to your block list. You will no longer receive calls or texts from that number.
It is always best to be safe than sorry. Many people do not know how to block spam calls and texts on their iPhones, which can be very dangerous. Scammers are always coming up with new ways to trick people, so it’s important to be vigilant. We are here for you, don’t just to help you understand your phone features better, but we are also here to make sure your mobile device is in good shape. If you want to get your phone repaired, you can head to an online cell phone repair in Vancouver, like the Go Cell Doctor. With an experienced team of experts, we can help you with anything related to your mobile device. Contact us!